Stringing Scales/least of problems

James E DeRocher tunerjim@juno.com
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 19:01:14 -0800 (PST)

Bill,

Thanks for expanding on my comments.  Of course I use a very
hard bolt.  I even dimple the end to give me better purchase.

I'm afraid I'm often guilty of assuming that our readers have enough
intelligence and experience to read between the lines and that
they have an intuitive grasp of materials and procedures sufficient
to carry the day.  And I guess I should stop making these assumptions;
probably should stop even making suggestions, because every time
I do I get an idiot lesson of some kind (Not referring to you, old chum.)
Maybe after humpteen years in the trade I'm getting blase, certainly I'm
getting long in the teeth and short in the patience.

I hope I don't sound too testy (or too teste), but I got up at 5:00 this
morning, trekked to the school,  went home and picked up the trouble
and strife, took her to our store, unpacked and check out two
pianos, loaded them into the truck, delivered them, then went back to
the school and picked up a string bass which I have to repair by Monday,
(not to mention get all the audition pianos ready over the weekend),
picked up 15 assorted bows for rehairing, dealt with several professors
about their problems, got back to the store and took wife to hospital
for check up  (no Big C), decided I'd better head for home before I fell
over, turned on the PC and read a few messages and .. .. ..
Aw, what the heck.  Good night, all!

Related Subject:  Thanks, Jim, you Florida RPT you, for putting in a good
word for me the other day.

jim d