Restringing

DaleP34429@aol.com DaleP34429@aol.com
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 09:08:25 -0400

<<  How do you choose a stopping point after the instrument is playing and
 sounding very satisfactory ? --open question--
 Jim Bryant (FL) >

Jim,

   Here is one formula-  SP = HW X NH - FF + PFP all of which hopefully
matches the OE.
   SP= stopping point
   HW= hourly wage
   NH= number of hours
   FF= fudge factor
   PFP= planned for profit
   OE= original estimate

   Seriously, we have to set the stopping point arbitrarily before we start,
that's the difficulty. It is usually stopped by the checkbook of the pianist
or the point of diminishing return. We try to mate the work to the pianist-
their expectations, skill, desires, and dreams are our goals. Often the
financial resourses do not match the dreams. Doing the best we can to get as
close to their dreams as possible with the resources they have allotted is
our goal.

Dale Probst
Registered Piano Technician
Ward & Probst, Inc.