Ball End Tuning Hammers

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 05:27:16 -0400

>Over past couple of years on the listserv there has been a thread concerning
>Ball End Tuning Hammers.  There were discussions about making them or where
>they could be purchased.  Ford used to sell the wooden handled type.
>
>I noticed in the April 1996 Journal on page 30 a picture of the owners of
>Beethoven Piano Supply (they bought Ford Supply).  On the table in front of
>the owners are tuning hammers.  Two of the models are Ball End Tuning
>Hammers.
>
>It appears there is a place they can be purchased again.
>
>Tim Coates

Tim,
   The inventor of this type of tuning hammer was Charlie Huether and he
runs an ad in the Piano Technicians Journal.  He calls it the "Wonderwand"
and that it truly is.  I don't think I can go back to the old style now
that I've got accustomed to the Wonderwand.  You can contact him at:
Charles P. Huether, RPT, 34 Jacklin Court, Clifton, NJ 07012.
(201)473-1341.

Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL