tumbling piano

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@blue.georgian.net
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 00:44:38 -0400 (EDT)

David wrote...
I came in this
>> morning to find one of our S&S Ds on its lid in
>> the concert hall.

Philistines !!! they're everywhere. This is a bit like the 'tree falling in the
forest' question.
If a piano falls off a stage, and there is no one around, what kind of a noise
DOES it make??
I had a customer who flipped a BRAND new studio upright out of a pickup truck on
Christmas eve, as it was being taken home as a present to his girl friend,
because he didn't want to pay for delivery. I saw it a few days later, and of
course the shiny black poly case was smashed to bits after sliding down the road
a few dozen yards. It was a Samick, and amazing as it was to me, after I
re-installed the action, which had fallen out due to the crash ( no kidding ) it
WASN"T even out of tune!!!
I have no idea what happened to the piano, and heard that the couple's
relationship suffered the same fate as the piano....
What would be a fitting consequence for philistines who vandalize pianos as
ypu've described ??
		         Jim Kinnear, I.P.T.
		       KINNEAR PIANO SERVICES
		      Collingwood, Ont, Canada