Ball End Tuning Hammers

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 09:53:08 +0000

> Date:          Sun, 25 Aug 1996 10:40:04 -0400
> From:          Tcoates@aol.com
> Subject:       Re: Ball End Tuning Hammers
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

> Some earlier discussions have pointed out that the Ball End Tuning Hammer
> does seem to help with easing pain.  I can attest to that.  Not only did I
> notice a difference when I first bought my Ball End Tuning Hammer, but just
> this last week I experienced the difference.  My trusted hammer broke on
> Monday.  I was left with my old hammer (no ball end), and I felt the pain
> start just with one tuning.  I was lucky and my trusted hammer could be
> repaired.  I only had to tune two pianos with my old hammer.
>

> I am glad to see there are other sources for Ball End Tuning Hammers, as I
> did have quite a scare this past week.  Custom made is nice.
>
> Tim Coates
> University of South Dakota

Tim and List,

I have had pain in my tuning arm (the muscle on top with palm
down) for quite a while.  I gave up coffee on the advice of a
tuner friend and it seems to have helped a lot.  I don't get
flareups of inflammation as before.  It been a month now.
Anyone else with the same experience?

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA