Yamaha keytops

Lorlin D. Barber ldb@commonlink.com
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 10:03:01 +0000 (GMT)

Dear David,

I have installed quite a few of these new sets of Yamaha keys. Yes, key
leveling, dip & backcheck will be needed....all in all a good job will
require a "parial regulation" or a whole day job at the minimum if the
results are wished to return to Yamaha standards.

I suggest you check through the Yamaha 37 steps of regulation. I learned by
the checklist, have committed it to memory and apply it to all pianos. What
will be need to be checked closely as well is the hammer height, hammer
level, letoff, drop and aftertouch. Damper lift from keys will also be
different from the original set. Yamaha has been very good at paying the full
price for your work, so it does pay to do a good job even if the owner plays
with his bootheel (i.e. M.G.).

The response of Yamaha conservatory grand series is really a delight to work
with and makes going the full nine yards a lot of fun.

Best Regards,

Lorlin B, RPT