Yamaha keytops

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 09:33:47 -0400

    Joseph Alkana, RPT writes:

    "Tuned a Yamaha C7 for a customer that had the discolored Ivorite keys.
    When I suggested that I could get Yamaha to replace those keys the
    customer was very grateful and asked me to procede. I contacted Yamaha
    and they sent out a form to complete, which consisted of the dimensions
    already posted before.  I waited for what seemed like a reasonable time,
    but the keys didn't come to me.  So I first contacted the customer to
    explain the delay, but found out that Yamaha had sent the new keys and
    authorization to procede to another technician who does mainly dealer
    work for Yamaha, which I do not.  Job was done.  Finished.  Know what
    else?  The customer also has a Steinway B and an M!  Of course, by the
    time the other technician had installed the keys and super regulated the
    piano he looked like a superstar to this customer.  Talk about being out
    in the cold from the customer as well as Yamaha.........Go figure!!!!"

    Joseph, in my opinion, you got screwed royally by Yamaha!  Yamaha should
    have worked all this out with you and YOUR customer before anything was
    done.  At least Yamaha could have had the guts and courtesy to inform
    you of their intentions.  If there is nothing more to this story than
    what you have told us, I think Yamaha acted improperly, and if it were
    me, I'd be slightly upset.  I wonder if Yamaha would be willing to
    respond???

    John Piesik
    San Diego Chapter PTG
    JPIESIK@ARINC.COM