Stethoscope

Steven B Moore MarkJ@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 22:33:10 -0400

----------
> From: Pianotoone@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Stethoscope
> Date: Monday, August 26, 1996 5:29 PM
>
> Does anyone have an alternative to this for finding buzzes, rattle etc. I
> though about getting tubing from tropical fish store or perhaps using
tubing
> and connectors normally used for player pianos.  Don't even know how much
> used stethoscope would cost, but I'll bet I don't want to buy a new one.
>  Thanks to the list
>
> Dick Day
> Marshall, MI

Hey List,

When my dad was working on a car to find a squeek or strange noise he would
take a _long_ screw driver and put the handle to his ear and blade to
different parts of the engine. This has worked for me too when trying to
find the source of buzz on a soudboard. (If the handle is large enough
there is no danger of damaging the ear).

Steven Moore
Greenville SC USA