Yamaha keytops

Joseph Alkana jfa19@nwlink.com
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 21:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

At 07:24 PM 8/26/96 +0000, you wrote:
>> Date:          Mon, 26 Aug 1996 09:33:47 -0400
>> From:          jpiesik@arinc.com
>> Subject:       Re: Yamaha keytops
>> To:            pianotech@byu.edu
>
>>     Joseph Alkana, RPT writes:
>>
>>     "Tuned a Yamaha C7 for a customer that had the discolored Ivorite keys.
>>     When I suggested that I could get Yamaha to replace those keys the
>>     customer was very grateful and asked me to procede. I contacted Yamaha
>>     and they sent out a form to complete, which consisted of the dimensions
>>     already posted before.  I waited for what seemed like a reasonable time,
>>     but the keys didn't come to me.  So I first contacted the customer to
>>     explain the delay, but found out that Yamaha had sent the new keys and
>>     authorization to procede to another technician who does mainly dealer
>>     work for Yamaha, which I do not.  Job was done.  Finished.  Know what
>>     else?  The customer also has a Steinway B and an M!  Of course, by the
>>     time the other technician had installed the keys and super regulated the
>>     piano he looked like a superstar to this customer.  Talk about being out
>>     in the cold from the customer as well as Yamaha.........Go figure!!!!"
>>
>>     Joseph, in my opinion, you got screwed royally by Yamaha!  Yamaha should
>>     have worked all this out with you and YOUR customer before anything was
>>     done.  At least Yamaha could have had the guts and courtesy to inform
>>     you of their intentions.  If there is nothing more to this story than
>>     what you have told us, I think Yamaha acted improperly, and if it were
>>     me, I'd be slightly upset.  I wonder if Yamaha would be willing to
>>     respond???
>>
>>     John Piesik
>>     San Diego Chapter PTG
>>     JPIESIK@ARINC.COM
>>

>I have got to wonder about the form with dimensions already
>written in.  I believe the technician has to go to the piano and
>measure them before Yamaha can make the keys.  I wonder if
>there isn't more to this story...?
>

>David ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA

David,

Sorry for the misleading sentence in my little story. I was refering to a
what I was referring to. Perhaps Yamaha was upset with me because I invoiced
them for going back to the customer's house to take those needed dimensions.
It was a long time ago, and in a galaxy far away...well,  if they felt so
inclined maybe they could put me in a good position on their list to go to
the Little Red Schoolhouse!!!!!!!

Joseph Alkana  RPT