Stethoscope

William Bailer Wbailer@cris.com
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 00:45:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996 Pianotoone@aol.com wrote:

>Does anyone have an alternative to this for finding buzzes, rattle etc. I
>though about getting tubing from tropical fish store or perhaps using tubing
>and connectors normally used for player pianos.  Don't even know how much a
>used stethoscope would cost, but I'll bet I don't want to buy a new one.
> Thanks to the list
>
>Dick Day
>Marshall, MI

I went to a drug store near a medical/nursing school and bought a
stethoscope for $7 (more than once!).  Many places you can buy a "blood
pressure kit", including a stethoscope and sphygmomanometer for $15-$20.
Try general merchandise discount stores-- it doesn't hurt to check your
own blood pressure as well!

Expensive units may look better, but they don't work better. Cheapies
are fine.

Bill Bailer

\\\  William Bailer ("Bill")
\\\  Rochester, NY, USA;  Phone (voice): 716-473-9556
\\\  wbailer@concentric.net (same mailbox as wbailer@cris.com)
\\\  Some interests: acoustics, JS Bach, anthropology, & education.