SATs

bwaller@sunrise.alpinet.net bwaller@sunrise.alpinet.net
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 23:46:22 -0600

I like to point out that we can measure with accuracy the distance to the
moon, planets, etc. and can even project where these bodies will be so that
when we send a rocket into space the two paths will coincide and we will be
able to study and learn more about space.

So, too, we can measure with accuracy what a piano string is doing when
struck and can project where we are now in relation to where we want to be
when we finish tuning.

The SAT is a tool.  In this case it is an extension of the ear just as the
tuning lever is an extension of our hands.

Bruce Waller, RPT