Yamaha keytops

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 23:02:48 -0700 (mst)

Dear list:

So far I don't recall anyone trying to look at this keyboard changing
situation from Yamaha's perspective.  I believe that if I were a manu-
facturer, and out of the goodness of my heart I elected to change out a
keyboard for one of MY customers, I would choose to send someone that I
personally knew to be well skilled in the job even though it may cost
me more money.  It beats taking a chance on someone I do not know and
later possibly having to redo or send someone to complete the job to
our factory specifications.

It may be true that Joe A. is quite capable of doing the job, but if I
don't know it, I can't take the chance.  It may be also that the customer
was perfectly happy with the keys the way they were, and that the
technician created a problem for the Company.  I know that Yamaha has been
very gracious in being willing to change the keys, but I must say that in
all these years since that version of keys have been out, I personally
have never seen a set that I thought needed to be changed.

Jim Coleman, Sr.