key bushings

DBHersh@aol.com DBHersh@aol.com
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:30:52 -0400

Dear list
   I have taken care of  the pianos at Disneyland for about a year. They are
used extremely hard in a mostly outdoor setting. One of the pianos in
particular gets used so hard (ragtime music) that after rebushing the keys
using high density quality felt and Bill Spurlocks wonderful bushing cauls
the balance rail is almost ready for it again at 3 months. I am obviously
going to have to go to leather and was just wondering if any of you have much
expeirience with it. For instance, where you get your leather, what kind of
glue you use etc... I called Bill Spurlock and he gave me some good tips but
I thought I would throw this out in Cyberville. Thanks in advance.
Doug Hershberger, RPT