Yamaha keytops

Greg & Mary Ellen Newell gnewell@en.com
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 23:47:13 +0000

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996 17:05:31 -0400, JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:

>Dr. Jim C., List, et al;
>  This thread has lost the point that Joseph A. made, i.e. that Yamaha
>serviced his customer without letting him know !  That is what I have replied
>to and not anything else. I have used myself as an example of the manner that
>Yamaha uses to replace keytops.  I do not care if Yamaha wants to send
>Godzilla to do the work as long as the work gets done and my customer is
>happy. Probably if I tried really, really hard I could manage to replace a
>keyboard in a manner so as not to embarass Yamaha. I am not complaining about
>someone else doing the work and I don't think that Joseph A. was.  I am
>remarking that the manner which Yamaha does the replacement, i.e. without
>notification to the originating tech in some cases, causes embarrassment and
>a certain amount of lost faith by the customer in the tech. That is all there
>is to it; no integrity, no lack of skills, no knowledge of the tech, just a
>lack of notification by Yamaha that has obiviously created some discontent
>among some very good techs as posted to this list.
>    I personally am not unhappy that I have not done any keyboard replacement
>for Yamaha.  I see that as a service to Yamaha as much as to the customer and
>Yamaha should let the originating tech know what is happening about his
>customer.
>Jim Bryant (FL)
>p.s. this is my last post on this subject.
	I feel much the same. On my experience with a warrantee claim for
Yamaha another tech was sent, it had been only my first visit to the
customer, I lost the customer. I received no call ... nothing! I only
found out that Yamaha had sent another tech after calling the
customer (long distance) to find out that I had been sidestepped. As
was mentioned I believe the customer lost faith in me because Yamaha
felt it necessary to side step me without even a honorable mention.
	In my opinion Yamaha needs to remember this as valuable lesson in
people skills. I'm sure many have been stiffed in this way. I hope
Yamaha uses this experience to bolster it's sensitivity toward those
who may just be responsible for much of their sales. I do not hold
any grudges and I do understand their position, after all they don't
know me and it is their money being spent. I just think  it could be
handled differently.
	My two cents.
				Greg
Greg & Mary Ellen Newell