key bushings

Greg & Mary Ellen Newell gnewell@en.com
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 15:15:06 +0000

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:51:43 -0400, Newton Hunt wrote:

>Excellent point Greg, that the air around can cause premature bushing failure.
>I would add to you list by including salted air from the waters about Florida.
>	Newton

Newton,
	That's what I meant by rust. It can start very lightly as as an
abrasive material on the pins and then quickly wear the cloth a
little before it's cleaned away. This action repeated many times over
the course of the 3 month period could account for some of the wear.
				Greg
Greg & Mary Ellen Newell
gnewell@en.com
dt945@cleveland.freenet.edu