key bushings

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:37:29 -0400

All pins have a light coating of oxidation on the surfaces that, unless removed
and polished with Flitz, will abrade the felt and cause premature wear.  I have
tried McLube and followed up behind someone who used that black stoff on pins
and felts and I had major problems recleaning the pins.  I will have to replace
them as soon as I can get the time.

The Flitz prevents oxidation reocurring for many years and by using a light
film coating of the teflon type lubrication the wear factor between the two is
reduced by a factor of five.  Try this combination on you next severe wear
location and observe the wear time.

Have a nice weekend.
	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu