Player Piano Problems

Bonifield-Poulson bonifarm@netshel.net
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 13:03:10 -0800

Help! Do we have any player piano experts out there?  I have a
customer, an elderly retired lady, who constantly complains that her
player son't play for her.  The player action has been fully rebuilt,
the piano action is in good regulation, and when I pump the pedals the
player seems to work fine.  However, she complains that there must be
something worn because when she sits down and tries to pump the pedals
the player won't work at all.  Last time I was called out I checked
for loose hoses, etc., and sat down and pumped away for ten minutes to
demonstate that the thing seemed to be working fine.  She called back
a week later saying it still isn't working right.  Can you think of
anything I should check for; aside from recommending leg exercises for
her, I am at a loss as to how to proceed at this point.

Patrick Poulson, RPT
bonifarm@netshel.net