key bushings

DBHersh@aol.com DBHersh@aol.com
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:34:06 -0400

<< All pins have a light coating of oxidation on the surfaces that, unless
removed
 and polished with Flitz, will abrade the felt and cause premature wear.  I
have
 tried McLube and followed up behind someone who used that black stoff on
pins
 and felts and I had major problems recleaning the pins.  I will have to
replace
 them as soon as I can get the time.

 The Flitz prevents oxidation reocurring for many years and by using a light
 film coating of the teflon type lubrication the wear factor between the two
is
 reduced by a factor of five.  Try this combination on you next severe wear
 location and observe the wear time.

 Have a nice weekend.
 	Newton
 	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu

I think those are good points you make about the oxidation and Flitz but what
do you mean by black stuff?? I've followed up on other instances where McLube
was used and not only did I not see anything black but the pins felt as
smooth and polished as when I put it on (spray 444A). Could it be we have
experienced different results because we live in different climates?
Doug Hershberger,RPT