TUNE in tomorrow

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 22:15:04 -0800

In my new position here in the dry, sunny city of Portland, I have the
priviledge of 25+ years of Journals.  I take several home at night and
bring them back... Well, I bring them back... Later.
Anyway, in the '73-'74 journals there was a series of stories from a young
couple "in a southern city" who had just started their tuning business.
Dan and Connie Goodson's tale, a real boddice-ripper, has all the elements
I need in a story, namely:   a) characters that are both believable and
then not-so-believable, and 2) tales of intrique involving PIANOS!  This
little lending library is missing some copies so I have a sketchy version
of events.
My wife, Maria, and I have grown fond of Dan and Connie and would like to
know what more occurred in their lives.  The last installment I read told
the sordid tale of a local tuner who was arrested for rape in a customer's
home.  I find myself asking, "Why can't the journal have these kinds of
articles each month instead of "Hearing the 64/32 Octave", or "Period
Tunings of the Clinically Depressed and Insane"?

Actually, we (Maria and I) would like to know:  a) Dan and Connie's real
name (they do not exist in the membership directory for '73 or '74) and 2)
What are they doing now?

Dan and Connie, if you're reading this- we feel for you, we know what
you're going (or went) through.  You're the most exciting tech couple we've
ever had the pleasure of knowing- reveal your true identity.

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com
"Human speech is a cracked kettle on which we tap crude rhythms for bears
to dance to; while all the while we long to make music that will move the
stars to pity..."
-Gustav Flaubert