Refelting Pedal Lyre

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 16:25:02 -0500

List,
   Are there any general guidelines to use when refelting above and under
the pedals on a grand, as far as thickness, etc.? I want to use fairly firm
felt so there won't be a lot of compression with use. The felts there now
are not the original, so I don't have that as a guide.
   I'm assuming the pedals should be level and parallel to the floor when
in playing position. Is this correct?
   The middle & sustain pedal rods are adjustable, so I don't have to be
"too" concerned as far as pedal travel is concerned.
   FYI, this is for the Marshall & Wendell grand that I've been working on
(remember the shank thinning thread?). I'm sure most of you aren't laboring

over "Labor Day" <G>, but in case there is someone, any suggestions would
be welcome. I'll also be laboring tomorrow, trying to finish up all the
bench
stuff so I can take it back to the customer.
   Thanks.

Avery