"Otto Altenburg"

Randy Potter rpotter@bendnet.com
Sun, 01 Dec 1996 16:31:09 -0800 (PST)

I received a call recently, from someone considering buying an Otto
Altenburg piano. They wanted to know my opinion of them.

The salesman (I was going to say "salesperson", but would not want for
them to accidentally be considered to be a woman)
- anyway, the salesman told them that this piano was made by Bechstein in
Germany, but was less expensive because - well, you know the lies they
were told. The price was about what we would expect for a
Samick/Hundai/Kohler piano. I complimented them on questioning the "too
good to be true" pitch.

Randy Potter, R.P.T.

Randy Potter, R.P.T.
Randy Potter School of Piano Technology
"Training Competent Piano Technicians for the 21st Century"
New Address: rpotter@bendnet.com
New Area Code: 541. Phone: 541-382-5411. FAX: 541-382-5400.
See Us on the Net at: http//:www.tuningschool.com