Ivory reglue using original waffers

Richard M remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 02 Dec 1996 12:55:27 -0600

	I have a keyboard with ivories flipping off if you look at them too hard.
I tried Mark Ritchie's suggestion.  (posted on 11-21-96)

"If the original glue wafer is not damaged ie. torn, or worn from being
used
with no cover, it can often be re-activated with a few drops of
water. Put a ivory clamp on and align to the key. Add a
little heat even from a match or lighter will work for a quick
repair."

The tails were loose at the front end.  Lifting them up enough to get a
few drops of hot water under, (using a hypo bottle), I applied a hot tail
plate and two screw clamps.   Check for creep.   The next morning I
applied the pull test.  Couldn't get them to budge. Couldn't pry them off
with a knife wo risk of chipping the ivory.  The back of the tails that
didn't get seemed just as tight.
	I use hot water to head the plates.  I would use a toaster oven if I  had
one.

I'll make a comparrison between this method and crazy CA glue which I have
used and also like.

Richard Moody ptt

	. .