grand plate flanges...

Rwbrpt@aol.com Rwbrpt@aol.com
Mon, 02 Dec 1996 23:07:00 -0500

Danny and list,
I have watched this thread for some time now and feel compelled to recognize
the essential  value of your comments.
The foundryman/pattern maker's roll in the final design of pianos that we
know today is largely unknown or at least misunderstood!
There are so many practical considerations that go into the pooring of a
successful piano plate that we could go on indefinitely about "draft angle"
requirements, depth of "draws", weight, cooling rates, ect. ect.!
Let's be happy with the thought that there are still skilled people at O. S.
Kelly(Springfield, Ohio USA), and the rest of the international piano plate
community to keep us going with good, reliable and ECONOMICAL piano plates
for the forseeable future!!
Remember to send your nearest piano plate foundryman a Christmas Card!!
 Without him, our industry would be a much different place!!

Best regards for the season,
Bob Beck