S&S Sound

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Tue, 03 Dec 1996 21:05:15 +0000

Thanks Ron,

This is how companies  make a profit.   Take Yamaha,   I requested  1
octave of key covers, they quoted me £75.00 + VAT ($120.00 + tax aprox)
I phoned  a friend who has a Yamaha franchise, and got me full set for a
£5.00 hell of a deference and that was two years a go.

So I would not hold your breath on this one,  if this is company policy
at Selmers  then there is no reason not to transfair it to S&S

British arospace make more money from selling spare parts than they do
from selling a plane,  which they sell at a loss.  Because they know
they 'll make it up on the spares,  now they have two thing s going for
them which Stineways don't at present, one the CAA prohibits the use of
generic parts, and two they have the copyright.

As I understrand S&S oringinal action design is now out of copyright.
However, are they now not embarking on a radical new action design?
which they will hold copyright for,  so we will have to go to them for
the parts.  For at least 75 years.

Kind regards,

Barrie.

Barrie,

In article <19961203.080224.4471.27.Ron_and_Lorene@juno.com>, Ronald R
Shiflet <ron_and_lorene@juno.com> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |