Opinions On Insta-coiler

Arnold.Schmidt@BBS.delta.com Arnold.Schmidt@BBS.delta.com
Wed, 04 Dec 1996 14:12:32 -0400 (EDT)

  A technician friend in California called last night to tell me about
his just spending $55 for an Insta-coiler from Schaff.  He has not used
it yet, so has no opinion yet as to whether it is a worthy tool.  I
heard from the head of the piano school which I attended that he bought
a coil-making device years ago (not necessarily an Insta-coiler) in
which the internal threads quickly stripped out and he wished he had
spent his money on something else.  Does anyone on the list have an
opinion about this Instacoiler?  Most of my stringing needs are
replacing individual strings on pianos, as opposed to complete
restringing jobs.

Arnold Schmidt, Raleigh, NC