Static SAT

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Wed, 04 Dec 1996 09:50:11 -0800

Sy Zabrocki wrote:

> >From Sy Zabrocki
>
> Cold weather, hot furnaces, dry air and static electricity. Theeeeeeeeeeere're Bach . . . ah . . . baaaaaaack. My Sanderson Accu-Tuner (SAT) is sensititive to static electricity. You all know about this. When it's dry
>
>From Warren Fisher,

I've worked out a procedure for grounding out the SAT that works every
time.  Your body is the condenser (static absorber) that's handiest. Use
it!  First hold both plugs,(foot switch and adapter if you're charging)
against a tuning pin (not the plate) while touching pins with both hands
(this slowly matches the potential(static charge) in you with the plugs
by bleeding off the charge through the wood of the pin block which is a
poor conductor)while you count to five.  Then lift the hand that's free
and reach over the top of the SAT and touch the two audio plugs on the
right outlet panel and count to twenty. Now you can mate the plugs to
the SAT without fear. The plugs are equal to your body and the SAT
slowly bleeds off its charge through your body to match the plugs and
tuning pins in your other hand.  The only time I have a problem with
this is when I count too fast! :-)

						Warren