Last riddle clues (:)}}}

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Thu, 05 Dec 1996 10:24:41 -0500

     I serviced a Steinway grand that had let-off problems.  I searched and
     searched until I found it.  The jacks were assembled in two pieces -
     the tender "arm" was glued to the jack (or fly). The glue was failing
     on several of those jack assemblies, thus allowing the tender "arm" to
     move a little bit every time the tender contacted the regulating
     button.  It was really weird at first, because I would adjust the
     let-off, play the key a few times, and the let-off would change.  Once
     I reglued the tenders to the jacks everything was fine and adjustable
     once again.  I don't even know if the subject Yamaha of this riddle
     even has these kind of jack assemblies, but I thought I'd throw this
     out there.

     Enjoying the riddle,

     John Piesik

Subject: Last riddle clues (:)}}}
Author:  A440A@aol.com at SMTPGATE
Date:    12/5/96 11:57 AM

greetings to all;

     A serendipity value of the riddle thread is seeing the different
approaches we all take,  in the interest of bandwidth,  let me add the final
clues.

1.  Action adjustment screws had nothing to do with the problem
2.  The pinning had nothing to do with the problem
3   All whippens were removed for this repair
4.   Nothing was taken, nothing was added

ANSWER TOMORROW !!

regards,
Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works