Family Dogs

Bonifield/Poulson bonifarm@oro.net
Sat, 07 Dec 1996 07:28:26 +0000

I once was called out to tune a piano at a home in the rural part of
our county; seems the last tuner wouldn't return the man's call.
Hmmm, possible warning sign?  When I got to the house I found out why.
He kept six full grown Samoyid (sp?) dogs in his house-3 males in the
entry way and 3 females in the house itself.  The doggy odor was so
strong it attacked your nose like ammonia.  The owner said the last
tuner there made him move the piano outside befor he would tune it! By
the end of the day, I knew what allergic reactions must be like.  On
top of all this, the man had "perfect pitch" and critiqued every note
as I tuned it, sometimes saying that the note was off and singing the
pitch to me.  Needless to say, I did not call him back next year.
Patrick Poulson, RPT