Backcheck installation

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Fri, 06 Dec 1996 22:36:52 -0800

Hey everybody!

I'm rebuilding a 1925 Steinway O right now and I'm putting all Renner parts
on (with the exception of wippens).  I'm looking for a way to install the
new backchecks (with wires) in the old keys.  I would appreciate any
suggestions which aid in an expeditious installation.  (I'm
"Spurlocking-around" with a jig for depth and position- still no success.)

 I noticed a "Backcheck installer" in the Steinway tech reference manual,
but it does not appear in the price list or in any illustration.  Any idea
what this could be or how it works?

Thanks

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR