Key lead pliars

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 17:56:38 -0800 (PST)

Wayne & list,
	The pliers are made by Chris Robinson and sold (I think) by
Renner. I bought a pair from Chris 2 or 3 years ago, and yes, they are
frightfully expensive. They're also frightfully efficient, however, and I
figure they paid for themselves the very first time I used them in the
field to remove some keyleads without even removing the stack. The time
saved was enormous. If you do much reweighting work, they're just great.
They also *install* leads. They are too big for damper underlever leads.

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Wayne Yockey wrote:

> Greetings to all, I've finally quit lurking.
>
> Somewhere I saw an ad for some frightfully expensive pliars for
> squeezing key leads without removing the keys (or dampers or
> whatever).  Now that I have decided to cough up for them I can't
> remember who has them.
>
> Has anybody used these things?  Do they work well?  Can you squeeze
> damper lever leads or are the pliars too big?
>
> Thanks for your help.   I enjoy your list
>
> Wayne Yockey, RPT

Steve Brady, RPT		"Chaos is the law of nature; order is the
University of Washington	dream of man."	--Henry Adams
sbrady@u.washington.edu