I got one....

Greg & Mary Ellen Newell gnewell@en.com
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 00:41:28 +0000

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996 15:36:35 -0600, Stan Kroeker wrote:

>As for the tight damper guide rail bushings, may I suggest you check the
>damper underlever pinning?  During my tenure as national service manager
>for Samick in Canada, we dealt with this problem regularly on several of
>the Samick grand models.  At first glance the sluggishness would appear to
>be caused by the guide rail bushings but further investigation usually
>uncovered tight underlever centers.  It's hard to believe that these
>centers, which travel through such a small arc, can cause such profound
>sluggishness in the comparatively heavy damper.

Thanks for the post Stan. The problem for dampers was very
definately guide rail bushings being too tight. I eased them
and ther fine now but .... for how long. It was really tough
to get the easing tool between the wire and the bushing. I
had to use pliers to extract once I pushed it in and
attempting to pull it out took the Steel tool right out of
the wood handle!
				Greg
Greg & Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte'