Mystery #4

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 20:45:40 -0700 (MST)

Dear Ron:

You are not going to solve this one short of putting on new Damper felts.
I would recommend Yamaha felts.  For awhile, Steinway was using denser
damper felts, especially the flats which made this problem worse.  Do
you have damper follow-through?  The rocking of the dampers forward or
backward may solve the Bass after-ring.

Jim Coleman, Sr.