Strip muting, which way?

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 10:42:05 -0500

Well Gollee Warren;
 I had never considered that I was doing it wrong, muting from 88 down, but
maybe I am. That is the way I learned to strip mute and I have never thought
about it before. Is it possible that I have been mutably incorrect all these
years?
  Now is a fine time for you to be causing me to doubt my technique, right in
the middle of the Holiday Season !!
  By all means you should use the method that suits you the best, makes the
most sense to you, and you are most comfortable with.  I suppose that some
stick in the mud like Jim Coleman Sr. will come up with a good solid reason
to start in the bass and work up.  We have to remember that Jim Sr., besides
being a great tech and teacher, is handicapped because he is also a ASU fan
and a former (?) tuba player.
Merry Christmas;
Jim Bryant (FL)

(JC I couldn't help it the Devil made me do it!)