Sticking styrene flanges

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 00:58:37 -0800 (PST)

List,
	A while back, I posted about Kawai sticking styrene flanges.  Few
people really knew the answer since these flanges rarely stick.
Fortunately, Don Mannino came to my rescue.  The correct repair is a set
of *straight* reamers that Don designed, which are available from Schaff
for about $12.00.
	Dons method gets high reviews and scores from me.  The tools are
inexpensive, give very predictable results and it's virtually impossible to over ream since the reamers are parallel instead of tapered and each is a different size.  Give these reamers a try.  You'll never go
back.
	About the only down side is that really sharp point on the
end...Ya ya ya, I got the point alright...Right in my hand.  Boy it
hurt.  I'm glad my kids were in bed because I said something that they
would have been in trouble had they said it.  Too bad my wife was still
up.  No sacrament for me this Sunday...Sackcloth and ashes for this kid.
	Don, thanks for the wonderful tool.

Ron Shiflet