1911 J&C Fischer upright action

Frederick G Scoles scoles@oswego.edu
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 13:53:31 -0500 (EST)

I am working on a Fischer upright mfgrd. in June 1911 (according to the
case tags and factory signatures).  Everything seems the average quality
for that time except that the action has lost motion compensation and
sostenuto.  Was sostenuto the "fad" for uprights in 1911 or is this piano
unusual?  Of course, both the sostenuto and lost motion compensator were
a "mile" off regulation so I will have the joy of regulating them.
Thanks for any information.  The serial number is 134305.

Fred Scoles, RPT