Key Bushing Tips?

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 11:33:58 -0500

The first thing you need is a set of precision bushing cauls.
The second thing is several thicknesses of quality bushing cloth.
The third thing is a hot glue pot (a crock pot works well) and some hide glue.
Next is a razor sharp knife or single edged razor blades.

This is not a difficult job, but it does take some patience if you have not
done a few sets.   Precision is the watch word here.

The Bill Spurlock system is the best there is, but you need his cauls to it
justice.

Precision cauls can be made on a table saw if you have one and can cut to two
to three thou.

I prefer to do my own bushing because I do it better than anyone I have
encountered as yet and I am particularly sensitive to bushings.

Bill Spurlock's article on key bushing is required reading.  I do not know the
issue but it was some six or so years ago.

Get the article then come back here for any further questions you have.
	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu