geometry/friction

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 01 Feb 1996 16:38:28 -0600 (CST)

David,
   I would like to know how you do this.

RE: I did not need to dry lube the knuckles.  I prefer not to because it wears
off with time.  The system can always be made to work without dry lubing the
knuckles.

   Are you saying that moving the capstan line also solved the squeaking
knuckle problem? If so, what if the capstan line doesn't need to be moved?
   I would appreciate any advice about solving that perennial problem. I have
a lot of it, especially on our concert instruments.
   Thanks.

Avery Todd, RPT
University of Houston
atodd@uh.edu