Petrof and Samick quality

CHRIS GREGG cgregg@cadvision.com
Sat, 03 Feb 1996 20:37:29 -0700

 By no stretch of imagination are these
>instruments for serious advanced students or professional pianists. To be
>blunt their tone-quality is absolutely terrible and no amount of voicing
>or tone-regulating work can do much to improve it.

Les,

I understand that Samick is coming out with a new "world piano."  Apparently
they were on display at the NAAM Show.   Did any of the subscribers get to
see them?   They are supposed to have solid spruce soundboards, Kluge keys
and Renner actions.    I believe that they just have 7 and 9 ft. models at
this time.

Chris Gregg.