Tuning Frequency

edwardsn edwardsn@www.rpa.net
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 07:15:12 -0500

At 04:48 PM 2/9/96 -0700, you wrote:

>>My thanks to those who replied with the number of tunings which their
>>practice room and teaching studio pianos get per year. What I thought might
>>happen is that you'd all chime in, the way you introduce yourselves at a
>CAUT

At the Universiry or Rochester I tune the practice rooms 4 times per year:
Sep, Nov, Jan & Mar.  The classrooms are tuned once a month from Sep to May.
The studios are academic ones, not teaching and are done twice a year.  All
private studio instruction is done on the Eastman School of Music Campus.
Concert instruments are tuned for every dress rehearsal and performance.
This adds up to about 150 tuning per school year.

The Relative Humidity is at a high of 72% in Sep and a low of 15% in Jan.  I
tried putting a complete humidity control system on a few years back but
there was no one to maintain it so i removed it.  (This was an experiment at
my expense)
Rob Edwardsen, RPT
Rochester Chapter
edwardsn@rpa.net