tuning stability fuse

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 07:22:03 -0500

Dale Probst writes,
> I do find the combination of pounding and pitch changing
>unfruitful. I hope this helps.

I agree 100% with this.

       The pitch raise of a piano takes about 15 minutes, it is easily
accomplished with just a soft touch to hear the pitch.  Playing softly saves
wear and tear on ourselves, while allowing us to hear and feel what the
strings, aggraffes, bars, capos etc are doing.  All the setting can be done
during the tuning.
regards,
Ed Foote
P.S.  >==> A valuable asset is to  learn to tune opposite handed.  What if a
shoulder problem all of a sudden rendered you unable to lift the tuning
hammer arm??  Pitch raises, being coarse tunings, are a good place to
practise with the opposite side. It also helps restore the muscular balance
 that we spend our careers upsetting, by our strange asymetrical working
posture.