Repin or Reblock?

John W. McKone mckonejw@skypoint.com
Sun, 11 Feb 1996 19:27:45 -0600

 Should I "bit the bullet" and just replace the block? Two
>final considerations: one, this referral comes froma dealer who sends ALOT
>of rebuilding work my way; and two, I am absolutely buried in work, so bring-
>ing in this piano to replace the block is going to be a major pain.
>
>Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Les Smith
>lessmith@buffnet.net

It has always been my view that you either do the thing right (i.e. new
block) or you don't do it at all.  Trying to repin might save you a little
hassle now, but it will probably come back to bite you later.

Just a couple o' pennies worth...

John McKone, RPT
Operations Manager
Haugen's Pianos