Slow Hammer Return

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 10:52:38 -0500

Newton Wrote:

>Does this YC have wippen helper springs at the wippen flange?
>Does the adjacent wippen have helper springs.

>A simple solution is to weigh the functioning key from the key pivot to the
>front of the key and remove lead from the bad key until they are the same.

No Newton.  The solution is is to measure upwt/downwt with the spring
disengaged, and find the BALANCE WEIGHT as their average.  If the complaint
key has a balance weight that is much lower than adjacent keys then remove
lead to make the BALANCE WEIGHT the same as adjoining keys.

>If there are helper springs adjust the weight to be the same then adjust the
>spring tension until the down weight is the same.

Adjust the spring to make the BALANCE WEIGHT the same.
Newton... I'm suprised to hear you of all people advocating the Downweight
System!
BALANCE WEIGHT factors out the friction!!

It's the
BALANCE WEIGHT!!
BALANCE WEIGHT!!
BALANCE WEIGHT!!