thanks

Mark Krieger msk@unipress.com
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 12:52:27 -0500 (EST)

I received a large number of private help messages to my inquiry about
coiling piano strings on tuning pins. THANKS!

I have found something that works pretty well for me after some
experimentation...and I have now replaced the few broken strings in my old
K & B. The new strings do sound a tiny bit 'brighter' than the old, and
the piano as a whole does sound pretty nice. A bit more tuning to do and
one sticking jack and I'm all (mostly all) done. [one tuning pin, on the
left string of a440, is a bit loose, and not holding tune
perfectly...guess I will try some of the 'pinblock restorer' stuff on it.
Funny thing, every other pin seems tight as can be, after 100 years...]

Again thanks, I really appreciate the help.

Mark
Mark Krieger
UniPress Software     http://www.unipress.com
msk@unipress.com      (908)287-2100 x937