Hamilton cracked plate

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 11:49:20 -0500

To Danny Dover, and others interested:

I have never seen a broken plate in a Hamilton, but did encounter one in a
Baldwin 40" Acrosonic in about 1975.  The piano had been built about 1964 and
its 10-year warranty had just expired.  The folks at Baldwin, with which
company I had a close relationship at the time, graciously rebuilt the piano,
installing a new plate.  The only cost to the customer was the
transportation; even that was minor since the piano went on the Baldwin truck
when it made its regular rounds to the local dealer.

I wouldn't expect the same response from Baldwin in your situation: much
older piano, etc.  But my guess is that the current Hamilton plate castings
are interchangeable with the 30-year-old one.

Should be an interesting project!  Good luck!

- Tom McNeil -
Vermont Piano Restorations