Kimball is gone! Now what?

Walter Sikora wsikora@email.unc.edu
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 08:02:46 -0500 (EST)

In the early eighties Kimball would bring groups of technicians to French
Lick and put them up in one of the resort hotels there for a week.  I
think they even provided meals.  Then their people (Roger Weisensteiner,
Ray Reuter and others) taught hands on seminars that would last from
about 7 AM til 8PM. It was pretty intense. Kind of like boot camp. Just
what a beginning technician like myself needed.  I'll bet this program
single handedly raised the level of piano service in many places around
the country.

Furthermore, having done work for a Kimball dealer for ten years when I
was in Bloomungton, IN, I have to say that I never saw any evidence of
shoddy work in their pianos, niether in design nor workmanship. When
there were problems Kimball's service manager, Judy Wikert, would honor
the warranty fairly and forthrightly.  She was a pleasure to deal with.

Kimball has a lot to be proud of.  I'm sad to see them go and I want to
publicly thank them for the training and support they have given.

Walter Sikora, RPT
Chapel Hill, NC