Korean "Samick" pianos

Greg Newell gnewell@en.com
Tue, 02 Jan 1996 17:53:36 -0500 (EST)

Is anyone esle having trouble keeping these things in tune? I have
many customers with brands made by Samick and a dealer I do some work
for who just took on the Kohler & Campbell line. I think virtually
every one of these things has difficulty staying in tune. Of all my
other customers it is extreemly rare that I ever hear of them going
out of tune wihtin what is considered a normal time frame. I have
tried many different things in prepping the pianos before tuning and
am doing more than I ever do on other instruments to "settle" the
string while tuning. I always seem to be aurraly very tired after
leaving one of these appointments. The area techs I have talked to
also seem to have the same problem but noone seems to have any
solutions that we all haven't tried yet. Would any of you like to
comment or offer any ideas?
                  Greg Newell
Here are my email addresses;
gnewell@en.com