wire-keeping

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Sun, 07 Jan 1996 13:09:06 -0500

Condensation occures because the matel't tempature is lower than the
surrounding air.  If the metal or the surrounding air is kept higher inside the
box than outside then condensation cannot occure.  It is simple but quite
effective.  I keep my tuning pins in the lower part of the box, just above the
Dampp Chasers because they act a a heat reservoir to compensate for rapid
changes outside the box.  My box is about 30'wide, 40' high, 12' deep with 8 or
9 shelves inside for various sizes.  I have had no rusting wire, but in the
basement of our music hall, my tools rust readily.

      Newton
      nhunt@rci.rutgers.eduevoir