Accu-Tuner/Tuning Manager files

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Sun, 07 Jan 1996 17:45 -0500 (EST)

At 15:10 1/7/96 -0700, you wrote:

>I've had difficulty sending binary format SAT files via the Internet to
>TM users.  Can someone help me with this problem?

Dean,

I have had problems getting binary files from compuserve to my internet
server.  When you send them within compuserve, (and maybe within AOL) they
are handled correctly as attachements, but when they go through the gateway
to the internet it is expecting 6 bit text data and interprets the 8 bit
binary data accordingly.

There is a program called UUEncode that translates binary files into text.
They must then be decoded on the receiving end.  John Baird send me the
binary data base files of the RPTs he got from the home office and PK Zipped
them first and then UUencoded them and it worked.

I know the UUencode program is available on the Internet.  Try
http://www.yahoo.com  and search on UUencode.  If you can't find it, let me
know and I can send a disk.

This is one of those irritating quirks of the Internet.  Formats!!

Ron