Rodents

Ron Nossaman nossaman@southwind.net
Sun, 07 Jan 1996 22:11:53 -0600

Jim Harvy wrote  (pecked?):

>     I can see how a large rat can gain access to the inside of a piano,
>     but am still at a loss to figure out how they can do damage to such
>     close-quartered areas.

It's a little known fact that mice, rats, and/or other rodentia of all
ethnic persuasions are, in fact, made out of rubber. This enables them to
extrude random parts of themselves into the tightest places with ease. In
support of this fact, please note. When they are unable to find a nice warm
piano to winter in, they are known to congregate in magic and novelty shops,
huddled together by the hundred in bins for warmth. Check it out.

>I'm hoping at least one of you subscribers has a solution for a pesky
>problem.  Is there any sure fire method, such as poisons, traps, etc., for
>keeping mice out of pianos in rural church areas, other than barricading all
>of the access places with wire mesh type material?

Are you ready?

>     Have you considered putting up a small sign that says "No rodents
>     allowed"?

There you have it. You've solved your own problem. Put up signs. Advertise!
Pass out coupons. Invite the little blighters IN for a round of D-Con. Even
if they do survive the meal, the lousy climate control and limited
entertainment will quickly cause the establishment to fall out of favor with
the "in" crowd.

I hope this has been of some value. I do love to help.

Regards, Ron
 Ron Nossaman