PTG Listserve

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Mon, 08 Jan 1996 23:06:51 -0500

I'll sign on for a PTG listserve. Its subscriber list should be screened not
just by the listserve, but by a Human Manager to insure that it is PTG only.
Don't worry that non-members might think that there's a party going on that
they're not invited to. The stated purpose for the list would be PTG internal
business.

Also I feel the Guild would be missing the point of a listserve site if all
it set up was a single discussion area for general business/politics. The
Guild could do commitee meetings, Editor Brady could manage the flow of copy
for the Journal (as did Jim Harvey during his tenure), and there could even
be an archive for local chapter newsletter editors to up and downloaded copy
for and from each other. Of course this is much more a BBS structure than a
simple discussion group. But, I still say that's what  the Guild needs. The
model for how it should be done is Jim Harvey's BBS.

Frankly, I'm a little delighted to see the ball rolling.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapt.

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it" Steve Forbes,
quoting his father, Malcom.